PENGARUH PEMBERIAN MADU TERHADAP RESPON NYERI ANAK USIA SEKOLAH YANG DILAKUKAN TINDAKAN INVASIF DI RSUD WATES KULON PROGO
Background: Invasive therapy is an unpleasant process especially for children, due to its pain effect. Poor awareness on pain and trauma in children for a long period may cause disadvantage in children's growth and development. One of the non pharmacological pain relief managements in children is glucose intake or other sugar substitutes such as honey which consists of flavonoid to relieve pain.
Objective: To identify the influence of honey application on pain response in school-aged children during invasive intervention in Wates Regional General Hospital of Kulon Progo.
Method: This study was quasy experiment with post-test and non equivalent control group design. Statistical test applied non-parametric test of Mann Whitney with significance level of a=0,05. Samples were selected through purposive sampling technique, consisted of 34 respondents. The study used pure (100%) honey. Five mililiter of honey was administered two minutes prior to invasive intervention.
Result: The result figured out p-value of 0.001 (p<0.05) which indicated that there was an influence of honey application on pain response in school-aged children during invasive intervention in Wates Regional General Hospital of Kulon Progo.
Conclusion: Honey had an influence on relieving pain during the invasive intervention in school-aged children.
Keywords: Invasive intervention, Pain level, Honey
2. Supartini, Y. Buku Ajar Konsep Dasar Keperawatan Anak. Jakarta: EGC. 2010.
3. Walco, G. Needle Pain in Children: Contextual Factors. Journal of theAmerica Academy of Pediatrics. 2008. Volume 19, No.1, Hal. 55-61.
4. Buonocore, G., & Bellieni, C.V. Neonatal Pain: Suffering, Pain and Risk of Braindamage in the Fetus and Newborn. Italia: Springer-Verlag. 2008.
5. Ghofur, A., dan Mardalena.I. Effect of Glucose on the Response Pain Baby InPuskesmas Gamping II Sleman Yogyakarta. 2014. Prosiding KonferensiNasional II PPNI Jawa Tengah. Hal. 36-42.
6. Sihombing, D, T.H. Ilmu Ternak Lebah Madu. Yogyakarta: Gadjah MadaUniversity Press. 2005.
7. Goenarwo, E., Chodijah., & Susanto, H. Uji Efektifitas Analgetik Madu padaTikus dengan Metoda Geliat Asetat. 2011. E-Jurnal. Vol.3, No. 1, Hal.48-53.
8. Potter, P.A., and Perry, A.G. Fundamental Keperawatan. Jakarta: Salemba Medika. 2010.
9. Ulfah, S. Pengaruh Pemberian Larutan Gula Per Oral terhadap Skala Nyeri Anak Usia 3-4 Tahun yang Dilakukan Pungsi Vena DI RSUD Tugurejo Semarang. Jurnal Ilmu Keperawatan dan Kebidanan. 2014. Vol 1, No. 6, Hal. 1-10.
10. Dewi, R.S. Efektifitas Sukrosa Oral terhadap Respon Nyeri Akut padaNeonatus yang Dilakukan Tindakan Pemasangan Infus di RS Ibnu SinaPekanbaru. Jurnal Keperawatan Anak. 2014. Hal. 1-10.
11. Hidayat, A.A. Pengantar Ilmu Keperawatan Anak I. Jakarta: Salemba Medika. 2005.
12. Nursalam., Susilaningrum., dan Utami. Asuhan Keperawatan Bayi dan Anak. Jakarta: Salemba Medika. 2005.
13. Tamsuri, A. Konsep & Penatalaksanaan Nyeri. Jakarta: EGC. 2007.
14. Sherwood, L. FisiologiManusia: Dari SelkeSistem. Jakarta: EGC. 2011.
15. Sekriptini, A.Y. PengaruhPemberian Madu terhadapPenurunan Skor Nyeri Akibat Tindakan Invasif Pengambilan Darah Intravena pada Anak di Ruang UGD RSUD Kota Cirebon. Tesis. FIK Universitas Indonesia. 2013.
16. Boroumand, P., Zamani, M.M., Saeedi, M., Rouhbakhsfar, O., Motlagh, S., & Moghaddam, F.A. Post Tonsillectomy Pain: Can Honey Reduce TheAnalgesic Requirements? 2013. Kowsar Corp. Hal. 198-202.
17. Almada, Natural COX-2 inhibitor the future of pain relief. International Chiropractic Pediatric Association. 2000. Pain News. Volume 10, No. 2, Hal 112-118.
Articles received and published by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan are by the publication, the copyright of the article is fully transferred to the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. All operational forms such as printing, publication, and distribution of hard file journals are carried out by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. Articles that have finished the review process and have been declared accepted by the journal manager or editor will be asked to fill out a statement of submission of copyright by the journal secretary to the main author or correspondent author. The statement of transfer of copyright is signed with a seal and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and contacted the admin of the journal to be followed up on archiving. Journal managers and editors have the right to edit the manuscript according to the provisions of the writing rules in the Media Ilmu Kesehatan.
Articles that have been declared accepted either online through the author's account on the OJS website https://ejournal.unjaya.ac.id/index.php/mik or a letter of receipt of the article (LOA), as well as those that have been published on OJS are not allowed to be published in other journals, or proceedings. The number of authors with more than one and as the main author or designated as the correspondent writer must have coordinated with members of the research team. The order of the authors submitted in the article as the author of one, two, three and so on cannot be changed when the article is published unless an error occurs in the technical operation of the journal.