GAMBARAN KENAIKAN BERAT BADAN AKSEPTOR KONTRASEPSI SUNTIK PROGESTIN
Background: Injection contraceptive is mostly used by acceptors in Indonesia, including in Yogyakarta. The acceptors has reached a number of 201.481 (36,54 %), among which the biggest number of users is located in Gunungkidul (49,29 %) and Gedangsari II Prim ary Health Center served the most injection contraceptive acceptors (77,0 %). Preliminary study that was conducted in January 2015 in Gedangsari II Primary Health Center suggested that the side effect of weight gain was the typical problem commonly faced by the acceptors.
Objective: To describe the body weight gain on Progestin injection contraceptive acceptors at Gedangsari II Primary Health Center in Gunungkidul in the year of 2014.
Method: This study was a descriptive design observational and conducted in Gedangsari II Primary Health Center during 13–15 May 2015. Samples were classified through purposive sampling technique, with a number of 53 samples who met the inclusion criteria. Data were analyzed by applying multi variable analysis.
Result: The majority of body weight prior to any use of Progestin injection contraceptive ranged between 50-60 kg on 30 acceptors (56,6 %) with 55,7 kg on average. The majority of body weight in the post use of Progestin injection contraceptive ranged between 50-60 kg on 28 acceptors (52,8 %) with 57,8 kg on average and the majority of body weight gain during the use of Progestin injection contraceptive for a year was <2,3 kg on 33 acceptors (62,3 %) with 2,07 kg on average.
Conclusion: The average body weight gain in the post use of progestin injection contraceptive for one year was 2,07 kg or less heavy than the previous study’s estimation.
Keywords : Body weight gain, Progestin injection
2. Irianto K. Pelayanan keluarga berencana. Bandung: alfabeta; 2014.
3. Saifuddin AB. Panduan praktis pelayanan kontrasepsi. Jakarta: Yayasan Bina Pustaka Sarwono Prawirohardjo; 2006.
4. BKKBN DIY. Laporan akhir tahun program kependudukan dan keluarga berencana daerah istimewa yogyakarta. Yogyakarta: BKKBN Provinsi DIY; 2014.
5. Dinas Kesehatan Provinsi DIY. Profil kesehatan kabupaten gunungkidul 2014. Yogyakarta: Dinkes Provinsi DIY; 2014.
6. Varney H, Jon MK, Carolyn AG. Buku ajar asuhan kebidanan. Jakarta: EGC; 2007.
7. Hastutik. Hubungan lama penggunaan KB suntik DMPA dengan peningkatan berat badan di RB Ngudi Saras Karanganyar: Journal Kesehatan. 2013; 9(1): 67-8.
8. Almatsier. Prinsip dasar ilmu gizi. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka; 2010.
9. Misnadiarly. Obesitas sebagai faktor- faktor beberapa penyakit. Jakarta: Pustaka Obor Populer; 2007.
10. Anisa FU. Gambaran peningkatan kontrasepsi suntik progestin di kecamatan paliyan. Jurnal Kesehatan
Articles received and published by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan are by the publication, the copyright of the article is fully transferred to the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. All operational forms such as printing, publication, and distribution of hard file journals are carried out by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. Articles that have finished the review process and have been declared accepted by the journal manager or editor will be asked to fill out a statement of submission of copyright by the journal secretary to the main author or correspondent author. The statement of transfer of copyright is signed with a seal and sent via email to email@example.com and contacted the admin of the journal to be followed up on archiving. Journal managers and editors have the right to edit the manuscript according to the provisions of the writing rules in the Media Ilmu Kesehatan.
Articles that have been declared accepted either online through the author's account on the OJS website https://ejournal.unjaya.ac.id/index.php/mik or a letter of receipt of the article (LOA), as well as those that have been published on OJS are not allowed to be published in other journals, or proceedings. The number of authors with more than one and as the main author or designated as the correspondent writer must have coordinated with members of the research team. The order of the authors submitted in the article as the author of one, two, three and so on cannot be changed when the article is published unless an error occurs in the technical operation of the journal.