TERAPI MUSIK EFEKTIF DALAM MENURUNKAN KECEMASAN PASIEN PRE OPERASI
Background: Surgery is one of the medical interventions, which can cause fear, anxiety, and stress due to its effects toward the body and soul integrity. Nurses have significant roles in pre-operative care by helping patients to decrease pre-operative anxiety. One of the methods is by using complementary therapy. The use of music therapy is not common in Indonesia. Therefore, scientific studies to prove the role of this therapy to decrease the level of anxiety of preoperative patients in needed.
Objective: To investigate the effects of music therapy in reducing anxiety levels of preoperative patients.
Methods: The study was a quasy experimental study with pre and post-test design. The samples were selected with a non-probability sampling along with a purposive sampling technique. The amount of samples in this study was 50 respondents.
Results: Statistical test used in this research was paired sample t-tests involved the control and intervention groups. The control group showed the average value of the increased of anxiety level of 0.8 without any intervention of music therapy with t = -1503, df = 24, p <0.05. Whereas the avarage value of the decreased of anxiety level was -5.52 with t=5.081, df=24, p<0.05. Meanwhile the independent t- test results for both groups showed a significant difference between mean value of the anxiety level (t= 3,373, df = 48, p <0.05).
Conclusion: Music therapy has a significant effect in reducing preoperative anxiety levels of patients.
Keywords: Anxiety, preoperative, music therapy
2. Faradisi, F. (2012) Efektifitas terapi murotal dan terapi musik klasik terhadap penurunan tingkat kecemasan pasien pra operasi di Pekalongan. Jurnal ilmiah kesehatan. Vol. V, No. 2.
3. Mau, A & Kedang, S.B. (2013) Pengaruhterapi musik terhadap kecemasan pasien pre operasi di Ruang Anggrek, Cempaka, Dan Asoka RSU. Prof. Dr. W.Z. Johannes Kupang. Jurnal kesehatan. Vol. 1, No. 1.
4. Sanjaya, R.S. & Sulistyaningsih. (2012). Tapas acupressure technique (TAT) intervensi tepat untuk menurunkan kecemasan pada pasien preoperasi. Jurnal media ilmu kesehatan. Vol.1, No.3.
5. Muttaqin, A & Sari, K. (2009). Asuhan keperawatan perioperatif konsep, proses, dan aplikasi. Jakarta: Salemba Medika.
6. Setyoadi & Kushariyadi. (2011). Terapi modalitas keperawatan pada klien psikogeriatrik. Jakarta: Salemba Medika.
7. Nursalam. (2011). Konsep dan penerapan metodelogi penelitian ilmu keperawatan, pedoman skripsi, tesis, dan instrument penelitian keperawatan. Jakarata: Salemba Medika.
8. Stuart, G.W. & Laraia, M.T. (2005). Principles and practice of psychiatric nursing. (8thed). St. Louis: Mosby.
9. Arslan, S. Ozer, N. dan Ozyurt, F. (2007). Effect of musik on preoperative anxiety in men undergoing urogenital surgery. Australian journal of advanced nursing. Vol. 26, No. 2.
10. Qulsum, A.Iismonah, Meikawati, W. (2013). Perbedaan tingkat kecemasan pada pasien pre operasi sebelum dan sesudah pemberian terapi musik klasik di RSUD Tugurejo Semarang.
11. Stuart, G.W. (2007). Terjermahan Ramona, P. Kapoh., Yudha, E.K. Buku saku keperawatan jiwa. Edisi 5. Jakarta: EGC.
12. Jafar, M.F. & Khan F.A. (2009). Frequency of preoperative anxiety in pakistani surgical patients. Vol.59, No.6.
13. Trisnawati. (2012). Perbedaan tingkat kecemasan pria dan wanita akseptor kontrasepsi mantap di RSUD Dr. Sardjito Yogyakarta. Jurnal Psyche. Vol.1, No 1.
14. Halgin, R.P. & Withbourne. S.K. (2010). Abnormal psychology clinical perspectives on psychological disorder Jakarta: Salemba Humanika.
15. Pawatte, I. Pali, C & Opod, H. (2013). Perbedaan tingkat kecemasan pada ibu pre seksio caesarea di RSIA kasih ibu dan RSUP.Prof.Dr.R.D. Kandou Manado. Jurnal kedokteran komunikasi dan tropik. Vol.1, No.3.
16. Djohan (2006). Terapi musik teori dan aplikasi Yogyakarta: Galang Press.
17. Elliott, d. Pollman, R. Mcgregor, R. (2011). Relaxing musik for anxiety control. Journal of musik therapy.48, 3
18. Nilson, U. (2008). The enxiety and pain reducing effects of musik interventions: a systematic review. AORN Journal. Vol. 87, No.4.
19. Kahija, Y.L. (2007). Hipnoterapi: Prinsip- prinsip dasar pratik psikoterapi. Jakarta: Gramedia Purtaka utama.
Articles received and published by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan are by the publication, the copyright of the article is fully transferred to the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. All operational forms such as printing, publication, and distribution of hard file journals are carried out by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. Articles that have finished the review process and have been declared accepted by the journal manager or editor will be asked to fill out a statement of submission of copyright by the journal secretary to the main author or correspondent author. The statement of transfer of copyright is signed with a seal and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and contacted the admin of the journal to be followed up on archiving. Journal managers and editors have the right to edit the manuscript according to the provisions of the writing rules in the Media Ilmu Kesehatan.
Articles that have been declared accepted either online through the author's account on the OJS website https://ejournal.unjaya.ac.id/index.php/mik or a letter of receipt of the article (LOA), as well as those that have been published on OJS are not allowed to be published in other journals, or proceedings. The number of authors with more than one and as the main author or designated as the correspondent writer must have coordinated with members of the research team. The order of the authors submitted in the article as the author of one, two, three and so on cannot be changed when the article is published unless an error occurs in the technical operation of the journal.