TERAPI MUSIK DAN TINGKAT KECEMASAN PASIEN PREOPERASI
Background: Surgery is one of medical interventions which can cause fear, anxiety, and stressed because of its effects toward the integrity of body and soul. Nurses have significant roles in any preoperative care which is helping patients to decrease preoperative anxiety by using complementary therapy. The use of music therapy as one of the complementary therapies is not common in Indonesia. Therefore, scientific studies to prove the role of this therapy to decrease the level of anxiety of pre-operative patients is needed.
Objective: To investigate the effects of music therapy in reducing anxiety levels of preoperative patients.
Methods: A quasy experimental study with pre-test and post-test design with control group was applied to 50 respondents from medical ward in Panembahan Senopati Hospital of Yogyakarta who met the inclusion criteria.Dara were then analyzed by using t-test statistical analysis.
Results: The control group showed the increased value of anxiety level of0.8 without music intervention (t= -1503, df = 24, p<.05), whereas the intervention group showed the decreased value of anxiety level of -5.52 (t=5.081, df=24, p<.05). Meanwhile the independent t-test results for both groups showed a significant difference between group (t= 3,373, df=48, p<.05).
Conclusion: Music therapy has significant effect in reducing preoperative anxiety levels of patients.
Keywords: Anxiety, preoperative, music therapy
2. Muttaqin A, Sari K. Asuhan keperawatan perioperatif: konsep, proses, dan aplikasi. Jakarta: Salemba Medika; 2009.
3. Bolla NI. Gambaran tingkat kecemasan pada klien pra bedah mayor di ruang Rawat Inap Medikal Bedah Gedung D Lantai 3 Rumah Sakit Umum Cibabat Cimahi. Jurnal Kesehatan Kartika STIKES A Yani. 2008.
4. Faradisi F. Efektifitas terapi murotal dan terapi musik klasik terhadap penurunan tingkat kecemasan pasien preoperasi di Pekalongan. Jurnal Ilmiah Kesehatan. 2012;5(2).
5. Mau A, Kedang SB. Pengaruh terapi musik terhadap kecemasan pasien pre operasi di Ruang Anggrek, Cempaka, Dan Asoka Rsu. Prof. Dr. W. Z. Johannes Kupang. Jurnal kesehatan. 2013;1(1):1-6.
6. Sanjaya LR, Sulistyaningsih. Tapas Acupressure Technique (TAT) intervensi tepat untuk menurunkan kecemasan pada pasien preoperasi. Jurnal Media Ilmu Kesehatan. 2012;1(3):34-8.
7. Setyoadi, Kushariyadi. Terapi modalitas keperawatan pada klien psikogeriatrik. Jakarta: Salemba Medika; 2011.
8. Stuart GW, Laraia MT. Principles and practice of psychiatric nursing. 8th ed. St. Louis: Mosby; 2005.
9. Kahija YL. Hipnoterapi: prinsip-prinsip dasar pratik psikoterapi. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka utama; 2007.
10. Arslan S, Ozer N, Ozyurt F. Effect of music on preoperative anxiety in men undergoing urogenital surgery. Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2007;26(2):46-54.
11. Qulsum A, Ismonah, Meikawati W. Perbedaan tingkat kecemasan pada pasien pre operasi sebelum dan sesudah pemberian terapi musik klasik di RSUD Tugurejo Semarang. Jurnal Ilmu Keperawatan dan Kebidanan. 2012;1(1).
12. Stuart GW. Buku saku keperawatan jiwa. 5th ed. Jakarta: EGC; 2007.
13. Jafar MF, Khan FA. Frequency of preoperative anxiety in Pakistani surgical patients. J Pak Med Assoc. 2009;59(6):359-63.
14. Trismiati. Perbedaan tingkat kecemasan pria dan wanita akseptor kontrasepsi mantap di RSUD Dr. Sardjito Yogyakarta. Jurnal PSYCHE. 2004;1(1).
15. Halgin R, Withbourne SK. Abnormal psychology clinical perspectives on psychological disorder Jakarta: Salemba Humanika; 2010.
16. Pawatte I, Pali C, Opod H. Perbedaan tingkat kecemasan pada ibu pre seksio caesarea di RSIA kasih ibu dan RSUP. Prof.Dr.R.D. Kandou Manado. Jurnal Kedokteran Komunitas dan Tropik. 2013;1(3):107-12.
17. Djohan. Terapi musik teori dan aplikasi Yogyakarta: Galang Press; 2006.
18. Elliott D, Pollman R, Mcgregor R. Relaxing music for anxiety control. J Music Ther. 2011;48(3):264-88.
19. Nilsson U. The anxiety-and pain-reducing effects of music interventions: a systematic review. AORN J. 2008;87(4):780-807.
Articles received and published by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan are by the publication, the copyright of the article is fully transferred to the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. All operational forms such as printing, publication, and distribution of hard file journals are carried out by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. Articles that have finished the review process and have been declared accepted by the journal manager or editor will be asked to fill out a statement of submission of copyright by the journal secretary to the main author or correspondent author. The statement of transfer of copyright is signed with a seal and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and contacted the admin of the journal to be followed up on archiving. Journal managers and editors have the right to edit the manuscript according to the provisions of the writing rules in the Media Ilmu Kesehatan.
Articles that have been declared accepted either online through the author's account on the OJS website https://ejournal.unjaya.ac.id/index.php/mik or a letter of receipt of the article (LOA), as well as those that have been published on OJS are not allowed to be published in other journals, or proceedings. The number of authors with more than one and as the main author or designated as the correspondent writer must have coordinated with members of the research team. The order of the authors submitted in the article as the author of one, two, three and so on cannot be changed when the article is published unless an error occurs in the technical operation of the journal.