HUBUNGAN ANTARA TINGKAT PENGETAHUAN DENGAN PERILAKU CUCI TANGAN PEKERJA PADA PENGRAJIN BATIK SEMBUNGAN
Background: Batik is the one of the Indonesian’s heritage which uses color barrier technique in which wax is used as a tool to draw the design applied on the surface of a cloth. Batik artisan is one of the occouptions that requires the use of chemical subtances such as wax and dye. Since they are often exposed by chemical subtances, they may have skin problem. Thetefore, hand washing behavior becomes one of preventive action for skin and digestive problems.
Objective: To identified the correlation between knowledge level and hand washing behavior in the work environment of batik artisans in Sembungan, Gulurejo, Lendah, Kulon Progo.
Methods: This study was a quantitative research using correlative design study and using cross sectional approach. Total sampling was used to collect 30 respondents. The result was analyzed using Gamma with the level of significancy p<0,05.
Results: The result of the study showed majority of the level of knowledge on hand washing was high level for 70% and 53,3% respondents have a good behavior on hand washing. The result of statistical test showed p-value 0.016<0.05with correlation coeficient 0.674 which had a strong correlation.
Conclusion: There was a corelation between knowledge level on hand washing and hand washing behavior in work environment of batik artsisans in Sembungan, Gulurejo, Lendah, Kulon Progo.
Keywords : Knowledge, batik artisans, hand washing behavior.
2. Departemen Kesehatan. Riset Kesehatan Dasar. 2013
3. Situngkir, H.K dan Rolan D.H. Fisika Batik : Jejak Sains Modern dalam Seni Tradisi Indonesia. 2009
4. Wardanang, Cholis, dkk. ‘Penggunaan Abu Gosok dan Sabun Sebagai Media Alternatif Pengganti Solar dan Premium untuk Cuci Tangan Penghilang Lilin Malam Batik’. Portal Garuda. Desember; 296 – 297. 2014.
5. Notoatmodjo, Soekidjo. Metodelogi Penelitian Kesehatan. Jakarta. Rineka Cipta. 2010.
6. Dahlan, M. Sopiyudan. Statistik Untuk Kedokteran dan Kesehatan Deskriptif, Bivariat, dan Multivariat Dilengkapi Aplikasi dengan Menggunakan SPSS. Jakarta. Salemba Medika. 2011.
7. Setyaningsih, Natasha R. D. ‘Studi Deskriptif Tentang Androgenitas pada Mahasiswa Fakultas Psikologi Universitas Sanata Dharma’. Yogyakarta. Universitas Sanata Dharma. 2014
8. Pieter, H. Z dan Namora Lumongga Lubis. Pengantar Psikologi dalam Keperawatan. Jakarta. Kencana. 2010
9. Nurzakky, Muhamad. Pengaruh Kebiasaan Mencuci Tangan Terhadap Kejadian Dermatitis Kontak Akibat Kerja pada Tangan Pekerja Bengkel di Surakarta. Universitas Sebelas Maret. 2011.http:digilib.uns.ac.idpengguna.php?mn=detaild_id=23621 Diakses pada tanggal 19 Oktober 2017
10. Notoatmodjo, Soekidjo. Kesehatan Masyarakat Ilmu dan Seni. Jakarta. Rineka Cipta. 2007.
11. Mubarak, Wahit Iqbal. Promosi Kesehatan untuk Kebidanan. Jakarta. Penerbit Salemba Medika. 2011
Articles received and published by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan are by the publication, the copyright of the article is fully transferred to the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. All operational forms such as printing, publication, and distribution of hard file journals are carried out by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. Articles that have finished the review process and have been declared accepted by the journal manager or editor will be asked to fill out a statement of submission of copyright by the journal secretary to the main author or correspondent author. The statement of transfer of copyright is signed with a seal and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and contacted the admin of the journal to be followed up on archiving. Journal managers and editors have the right to edit the manuscript according to the provisions of the writing rules in the Media Ilmu Kesehatan.
Articles that have been declared accepted either online through the author's account on the OJS website https://ejournal.unjaya.ac.id/index.php/mik or a letter of receipt of the article (LOA), as well as those that have been published on OJS are not allowed to be published in other journals, or proceedings. The number of authors with more than one and as the main author or designated as the correspondent writer must have coordinated with members of the research team. The order of the authors submitted in the article as the author of one, two, three and so on cannot be changed when the article is published unless an error occurs in the technical operation of the journal.