HUBUNGAN STATUS EKONOMI KELUARGA DENGAN PERILAKU PENGOBATAN SENDIRI (SELF-MEDICATION)
Background: Health degree is an important component of health development. One of the indicators is morbidity rate. Based on National Health Survey in 2008, the number of morbidity rate is 33.24% where 65.59% of population applied self-medication to treat their health problems. Many factors influence people to use self-medication. Family economic status is suspected to be one of them.
Objective: This study aimed to identify the correlation between family economic status and self-medication behavior.
Methods: A quantitative cross sectional design study with retrospective approach was applied. Cluster random sampling technique was employed to 71 respondents. The Kendall Tau test was performed to analyze the data. The probability risk factors of self-medication was identified using odds ratio.
Results: The family economic status were gained with 81.7% in high category and 15.5% in low category. The result of self-medication behavior showed 69% of the respondents often did self-medication, 15.5% rarely, and 15.5% never. The Kendall Tau correlation was 0,515 (p<0.05) and the odds ratio was 8,941.
Conclusion: There is a moderate correlation between family economic status and self-medication behavior where the family with high economic status is more likely implement self-medication 8,941 times more than the one with low economic status.
Keywords: Economic Status, Family, Behavior, Self-Medication
2. Profil kesehatan Indonesia 2009 [Internet]. Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. 2009. Available from: http://www.depkes.go.id/.
3. Zulkifli. Obat itu racun: panduan penting memilih dan waspada obat: Grha Pustaka; 2009.
4. Supardi S. Pengobatan sendiri di masyarakat dan masalahnya. Cermin Dunia Kedokteran. 1997;118:48-50.
5. Supardi S, Notosiswoyo M. Pengobatan sendiri sakit kepala, demam, batuk dan pilek pada masyarakat di Desa Ciwalen, Kecamatan Warungkondang, Kabupaten Cianjur, Jawa Barat. Majalah Ilmu Kefarmasian. 2005;2(3):134-44.
6. Supardi S, Raharni. Penggunaan obat yang sesuai dengan aturan dalam pengobatan sendiri keluhan demam, sakit kepala, batuk dan flu (hasil analisis lanjut data survey kesehatan rumah tangga (SKRT) 2001). Jurnal Kedokteran YARSI. 2006;14(1):67-9.
7. The story of self-care and self- medication; 40 years of progress, 1970-2010. [Internet]. World Self- Medication Industry. 2010. Available from: http://www.wsmi.org/.
8. Puspita VM. Faktor-faktor yang mempengaruhi pengambilan keputusan keluarga dalam pengobatan sendiri (self- medication) di Kabupaten Sleman, DIY. [Skripsi]. In press 2008.
9. Supardi S, Soedibyo J, Loupatty AM. Beberapa faktor yang berhubungan dengan penggunaan obat tradisional dalam pengobatan sendiri di Indonesia. Bul Penel Kesehatan. 2003;31(1):25-32.
10. Friedman MM. Keperawatan keluarga: teori dan praktik. Jakarta: EGC; 1998.
11. Kristina SA, Prabandari YS, R S. Perilaku pengobatan sendiri yang rasional pada masyarakat Kecamatan Depok dan Cangkringan Kabupaten Sleman. Majalah Farmasi Indonesia. 2008;19(1):32-40.
12. Supardi S, Sukasediati N, Azis S. Pola penggunaan obat dan obat tradisional dalam upaya pengobatan sendiri di tanjung bintang, lampung. Bul Penel Kesehatan. 1997;25(3)
Articles received and published by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan are by the publication, the copyright of the article is fully transferred to the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. All operational forms such as printing, publication, and distribution of hard file journals are carried out by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. Articles that have finished the review process and have been declared accepted by the journal manager or editor will be asked to fill out a statement of submission of copyright by the journal secretary to the main author or correspondent author. The statement of transfer of copyright is signed with a seal and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and contacted the admin of the journal to be followed up on archiving. Journal managers and editors have the right to edit the manuscript according to the provisions of the writing rules in the Media Ilmu Kesehatan.
Articles that have been declared accepted either online through the author's account on the OJS website https://ejournal.unjaya.ac.id/index.php/mik or a letter of receipt of the article (LOA), as well as those that have been published on OJS are not allowed to be published in other journals, or proceedings. The number of authors with more than one and as the main author or designated as the correspondent writer must have coordinated with members of the research team. The order of the authors submitted in the article as the author of one, two, three and so on cannot be changed when the article is published unless an error occurs in the technical operation of the journal.