GAMBARAN FAKTOR KARAKTERISTIK ORANGTUA DALAM PROMOSI KESEHATAN MELALUI PARENTING EDUCATION DI PAUD HOLISTIK INTEGRATIF
Background: Prolonged economic crisis and a wave of total reform caused many women, including mothers, worked as employees. This has impact on children, where they become lonely, being taken care by others, watching TV too much, and playing video or online games. Thus, formal education (schools) and informal education (family) turned out to be less able to provide its share both in terms of the development of personality and character. The program that is being promoted is parenting education to strengthen the role of parents and families in informal education. Parenting education program obtain less participation, due to the lack of information provided about its purpose, benefits and implementation. Moreover, there is also a lack of public awareness of the importance of parenting education.
Objective: This research aimed to explore the parents’ characteristics in health promotion through parenting education.
Method: The research was conducted in Karanganyar Regency, Central Java. It was a survey-based research with a cross-sectional design. The research relied on questionnaires as the main instrument for primary data collection. Secondary data was obtained from records in the relevant agencies in Karanganyar Regency. Sample consisted of 108 parents, which was taken by purposive sampling technique. Univariate analysis was used to provide frequency distribution.
Result: Perception of parents to parenting education was quite well. Motivation of parents to parenting education and parental expectations of children were in good category.
Conclusion: The process of health promotion through parenting education was conducted optimally, it was necessary to increase the perception of parents on parenting education. Parents’ motivation can be a major factor to design and implement parenting education program.
Keywords: Parents’ characteristics, health promotion, parenting education
2. United Nations Development Programe. 2011. Human Development Index And Its Components. (1 Februari 2012). Tersedia Pada: Http.//Hdr.Undp.Org/En/Media/HDR 2011 EN Tabel1.Pdf.
3. Mu’in, F. 2011. Pendidikan Karakter: Konstruksi Teoritik Dan Praktik Ar-Ruzz Media: Yogyakarta
4. Sindhunata. 2003. Menjadi Generasi Pacsa- Indonesia: Kegelisahan Y.B. Mangunwijaya. Cetakan kelima. Yogyakarta: Kanisius.
5. Mursitho. 2014. Karakter Bangsa Yang Hilang. Ka. Pusdiklatnas Kwartir Nasional. Kompasiana.
6. Sanders, M. R. 2008. Triple P-Positive Parenting Program As Apublic Health Approach To Strengthening Parenting. Journal of Family Psychology, 22(4), 506–517
7. Departemen Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. 2006. Pedoman Pelaksanaan Promosi Kesehatan Di Daerah. Katalog Dalam Terbitan. Jakarta
8. Perrino, T., Coatsworth, J., Briones, E., Pantin, H., dan Szapocznik, S. 2001. Initial Engagement In Parentcentered Preventive Interventions: A Family Systems Approach. The Journal Of Primary Prevention, 22, 21– 44.
9. Hsin. 2008. Parenting, Investments In Children, And The Social Reproduction Of Skills And Status. Dissertation Of University Of California. Los Angeles.
10. Hilbrecht .2009. Parents, employment, gender and well-being: a time use study. Gender, Work and Organization, 15(5), 454-476
11. Shapiro, J. L. 2004. Good Father: Kiat Lengkap Menjadi Ayah Teladan. Terjemahan. Bandung: Kaifa.
12. Zeitlin et al. 1990. Positive Deviance in Child Nutrition. Tokyo-Japan: United Nations University Press.
13. Hasiah. 2006. Tumbuh Kembang Anak Sebagai Individu. Jakarta: Purna Kencana.
14. Gaibi. 1937. Motivasi Dalam Kajian. Jakarta: Bumi Persada.
15. Soedomo. 1986. Kesadaran Kerja. Jakarta: Cahaya Abadi.
16. Megawangi, R. 1993. Keluarga Dan Peningkatan Kualitas Sumberdaya Manusia Dalam Rangka Menyongsong Abad Ke-21. Makalah Pada Seminar Nasional Mengisi Hari Keluarga Nasional 1993 Dan Menyongsong Tahun Keluarga Internasional 1994, 21-22 September 1993, kampus IPB Darmaga.
Articles received and published by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan are by the publication, the copyright of the article is fully transferred to the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. All operational forms such as printing, publication, and distribution of hard file journals are carried out by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. Articles that have finished the review process and have been declared accepted by the journal manager or editor will be asked to fill out a statement of submission of copyright by the journal secretary to the main author or correspondent author. The statement of transfer of copyright is signed with a seal and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and contacted the admin of the journal to be followed up on archiving. Journal managers and editors have the right to edit the manuscript according to the provisions of the writing rules in the Media Ilmu Kesehatan.
Articles that have been declared accepted either online through the author's account on the OJS website https://ejournal.unjaya.ac.id/index.php/mik or a letter of receipt of the article (LOA), as well as those that have been published on OJS are not allowed to be published in other journals, or proceedings. The number of authors with more than one and as the main author or designated as the correspondent writer must have coordinated with members of the research team. The order of the authors submitted in the article as the author of one, two, three and so on cannot be changed when the article is published unless an error occurs in the technical operation of the journal.