AKURASI PEMASANGAN NASAL KANUL BERHUBUNGAN DENGAN PERUBAHAN SATURASI OKSIGEN PADA PASIEN DI ICU
Background: Oxygen supply deficit will result in hypoxemia, brain damage, and can threaten a person's life. Data from Panembahan Senopati regional public hospital in Bantul showed that 433 (20.5%) patients with impaired oxygenation obtained oxygen therapy through nasal cannulae. Oxygen therapy with nasal cannulae which administered accurately is expected to maintain the oxygen demand in body tissues, so the oxygen saturation remains within a normal range.
Objective: This research aimed to investigate the correlation between the accuracy of installing the oxygenation tools using nasal cannulae and the changes in the oxygen saturation in patients with impaired oxygenation.
Methods: This research used a descriptive analytic method with a cross-sectional approach. The sampling technique used was total sampling with 34 samples. Data were collected with a checklist. The analysis technique used Spearman's Rho.
Results: The accuracy of installing the oxygenation tool using nasal cannulae was mostly categorized as accurate (52%). The average change in oxygen saturation in patients with impaired oxygenation was 2.86%. The correlation between the accuracy of installing the oxygenation tool using nasal cannulae and changes in the oxygen saturation in patients with impaired oxygenation was significant (p=0.016).
Conclusion: There was a significant correlation between the accuracy of installing oxygenation tool using nasal cannulae and the oxygen saturation changes in patients with impaired oxygenation.
Keywords: Oxygen Therapy, Oxygen Saturation, Impaired Oxygenation.
2. Widayanti, D. (2009). Studi Tingkat Kepatuhan Perawat dalam Pemberian Oksigen Melalui Nasal Kanul Sesuai Standar Operasional Prosedur Oksigenasi di Ruang Rawat Inap Rumkital Dr. Ramelan Surabaya. Jurnal Ilmiah Keperawatan Vol 1 No. 1 Hlm. 1- 76 Surabaya Juni 2009.
3. Depkes RI. (2010). Sub Direktorat Penyakit Kronis Degeneratif Lainnya. Jakarta: Depkes RI.
4. Berman et al. (2009). Buku Ajar Praktik Keperawatan Klinis, Ed. 5. Jakarta: EGC.
5. Notoatmodjo, S. (2010). Metode Penelitian Kesehatan. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
6. Isgiyanto, A. (2009). Teknik Pengambilan Sampel pada Penelitian Non- Eksperimental. Yogyakarta: Mitra Cendika Press.
7. Sugiyono. (2009). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif Kualitatif. Bandung: Afabeta.
8. Riwidikdo. (2010). Statistik Untuk Penelitian Kesehatan Dengan Aplikasi Program SPSS. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Rihama.
9. Dariyo, A. (2003). Psikologi Perkembangan Dewasa Muda (20-40 Tahun). Jakarta: PT. Gramedia Widia Sarana Indonesia.
10. Hasibuan, M. (2007). Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
11. Kreitner, B, dan Kinicki, K. (2008). Organizational Behavior, Ed. 8. Mic Graw Hill International Ediition. Jakarta: PT. Indeks.
12. Djojodibroto, D. (2007). Respirology (Respirotory Medicine). Jakarta: EGC.
13. Khalid, M. A. (2005). The Effect Of Different Doses Oxygen Administration On Oxygen Saturation On Patients With Stroke. Springfield Unit, University Hospital Of North Staffordshire, UK.
Articles received and published by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan are by the publication, the copyright of the article is fully transferred to the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. All operational forms such as printing, publication, and distribution of hard file journals are carried out by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. Articles that have finished the review process and have been declared accepted by the journal manager or editor will be asked to fill out a statement of submission of copyright by the journal secretary to the main author or correspondent author. The statement of transfer of copyright is signed with a seal and sent via email to email@example.com and contacted the admin of the journal to be followed up on archiving. Journal managers and editors have the right to edit the manuscript according to the provisions of the writing rules in the Media Ilmu Kesehatan.
Articles that have been declared accepted either online through the author's account on the OJS website https://ejournal.unjaya.ac.id/index.php/mik or a letter of receipt of the article (LOA), as well as those that have been published on OJS are not allowed to be published in other journals, or proceedings. The number of authors with more than one and as the main author or designated as the correspondent writer must have coordinated with members of the research team. The order of the authors submitted in the article as the author of one, two, three and so on cannot be changed when the article is published unless an error occurs in the technical operation of the journal.