PERBEDAAN KADAR IL-6 PADA HUVECs NORMAL DENGAN HUVECs NORMAL YANG DIPAPAR PLASMA HAMIL PENDERITA PREEKLAMPSIA
Background : Preeclampsia is a condition where the blood pressure is increasing (≥140/90 mmHg) followed by proteinuria (≥300 mg/24 hour or ≥1+ in stick test) in pregnant women after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Released placenta factor cause the damage in endothelial cells which lead to the excessive increase on pro inflammation factor interleukin 6 (IL-6).
Objective: This study aimed to investigate whether level IL-6 on normal HUVECs with normal HUVECs induced by plasma from preeclamptic patients.
Research Method: True experimental research using posttest only control group approach, conducted in the laboratory with invitro. HUVECs culture was divided into 5, that were normal HUVECs without treatment (K-); HUVECs preeclampsia model (K+). Measurement on the levels of IL-6 used ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay).
Result: Independent sample t-test showed that there were significant differences (p=0.000<α) on the average of IL-6 levels between the negative control group (1.64±0.12 pg/ml) and the positive control group (31.64±11.69 pg/ml).
Conclusion: Adding the patient’s preeclampsia plasma into normal HUVECs can increase levels of IL-6.
Keyword: Patient’s preeclampsia plasma, HUVECs, and IL-6.
2. Wang A, Rana S, Karumanchi AS. Preeclampsia: The role of angiogenic factors in its pathogenesis. Physiology. 2009; 24:147-58.
3. Borzychowski AM, Sargent IL, Redman CW. Inflammation and preeklampsia. Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2006; 11(5): 309-16.
4. Gilbert JS, Ryan MJ, La marca BB, Sedeek M, Murphy SR, Granger JP. Pathophysiology of hypertension during preeclampsia: Linking placental ischemia with endothelial dysfunction. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 294:541-50.
5. Redman CWG, Sargent IL, Immunology of pre-eclampsia. American Journal of Reproductive Immunology. 2010; 63:534- 43.
6. Dharma R, Wibowo N, Raranta PTH. Disfungsi endotel pada preeklampsia. Makara Kesehatan. 2005; 9(2):63-69.
7. Susianto IA, Suharsono, Hadijono S. Kadar TNF-α, IL-6 dan trofoblas pada preeklampsia – Eklampsia. Medika Media Indonesia. 2009; 43(4):166-73.
8. Takacs P, Green KL, Nikaeo A, Kauma SW. Increased vascular endothelial cell production of interleukin-6 in severe preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 188:740-4.
9. Gill-Villa AM, Norling LV, Serhan CN, Cordero D, Rojas M, Cadavid A. Aspirin triggered-lipoxin A4 reduced the adhesion of human polymorphonuclear neutrophils to endothelial cells initiated by preeclamptic plasma. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids (PLEFA). 2012; 87:127-34.
10. Min J, Kim Y, Kim S, Kwon M, Kong Y, Hwang IK, Won MH, Rho J, Kwon Y. TNF-related activation induced cytokine enchaces leukocyte adhesiveness: induction of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 via TNF receptor-associated factor and protein kinase C-dependent NF-kB activation in endothelial cells. J Immunol. 2005; 175:531-40.
11. Anwar AD, Achmad TH, Sukandar H. Polimorfisme C1167T gen reseptor tipe IItransforming growth factor-β, kadar soluble endoglin, dan vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 pada preeklampsia. MKB. 2010; 42(3):115-22.
12. Ramma W, Ahmed A. Is inflammation the cause of pre-eclampsia. Biochemical Society Transaction. 2011; 39:1619-27.
13. Taylor, RN, Davidge, ST, Roberts JM. Endothelial cell dysfunction and oxidative stress. In Lindhemer MD, Roberts JM, Cunningham FG, editors. Chesley’s Hypertensive Disorders in Pregnancy. 3rd ed. Elsevier
14. Faas MM, Schuiling GA, Linton EA, Sargent IL, Redman CWG. Activation of peripheral leukocytes in rat pregnancy and experimental preeclampsia . Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 182:351
15. Faisel K, Galarraga , Belch, JJF. The role of endothelial function and its assesment in rheumatoid arthritis. Nature Reviews Rheumatology. 2010; 6:253-61.
16. Wang Y, Lewis FD, Gu Y, Zhao S, Groome JL. Elevated maternal soluble gp130 and il-6 levels and reduces gp 130 and socs-3 exspressions in women complicated with preeclampsia. Hypertension American heart Association. 2010; 57:336-42.
Articles received and published by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan are by the publication, the copyright of the article is fully transferred to the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. All operational forms such as printing, publication, and distribution of hard file journals are carried out by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. Articles that have finished the review process and have been declared accepted by the journal manager or editor will be asked to fill out a statement of submission of copyright by the journal secretary to the main author or correspondent author. The statement of transfer of copyright is signed with a seal and sent via email to email@example.com and contacted the admin of the journal to be followed up on archiving. Journal managers and editors have the right to edit the manuscript according to the provisions of the writing rules in the Media Ilmu Kesehatan.
Articles that have been declared accepted either online through the author's account on the OJS website https://ejournal.unjaya.ac.id/index.php/mik or a letter of receipt of the article (LOA), as well as those that have been published on OJS are not allowed to be published in other journals, or proceedings. The number of authors with more than one and as the main author or designated as the correspondent writer must have coordinated with members of the research team. The order of the authors submitted in the article as the author of one, two, three and so on cannot be changed when the article is published unless an error occurs in the technical operation of the journal.