PENGARUH PEMBERIAN SUPLEMEN BESI SAAT MENSTRUASI TERHADAP PENINGKATAN KADAR HAEMOGLOBIN PADA REMAJA DI SMUN I BANTUL YOGYAKARTA
Background: Female teenagers is vulnerable group to suffer from anemia. Anemia in teenagers is mainly caused by poor quality of dietary habits. It will lead to delayed growth and development and lower school performance due to fatigue, loss of passion, and concentration difficulty. Female teenagers require iron to be stored as they are expectant mothers who will give birth in the future. Anemia will put then at a high risk for having babies with low birth weight (LBW).
Objective: This research aimed to measure the increased level of hemoglobin after iron suplementation during menstruation in female teenagers.
Method: Research was a quasi-experiment with two groups. Control and treatment group, each consisted of 16 female teenagers at SMAN I Bantul Yogyakarta.
Result: Hemoglobin level in the treatment group increased significantly after suplementation. Whereas, the control group did not show difference after suplementation.
Conclusion: Iron supplementation during menstruation and once every week can increase hemoglobin level in teenagers at SMAN 1 Bantul Yogyakarta.
Keywords: Hemoglobin, Anemia, Female Teenager
2. WHO, 2004, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Assessment, Prevention, and Control: A guide for programme managers. World Health Organization, Geneva.
3. Benson, R.C and Pernoll, M.L. 2008. Buku Saku Obstetri dan Ginekologi. EGC : Jakarta. hal. 46
4. Dinkes DIY, 2014, Laporan Profil Kesehatan DIY, Dinkes DIY
5. Anwar, F dan Khomsan, A. 2009. Makan Tepat, Badan Sehat. Hikmah : bandung. hal 76-78
6. Anonymous, 2007, Tujuh dari sepuluh wanita terkena anemia, diakses 20 april 2014
7. Fikiwati Sandra, 2004 Pengaruh suplementasi zat besi satu dan dua kali per minggu terhadap kadar hemoglobin pada siswi yang menderita anemia, vol. 24 No 4
8. Arikunto. 2010. Prosedur Penelitian Suatu Pendekatan Praktis. Edisi Revisi. Jakarta : Rineka Cipta
9. Herdata, 2000, Pengaruh Suplementasi Besi Pada Remaja Putri Anemi Terhadap Pertumbuhan dan Tingkat Kesegaran Jasmani, Tesis Pascasarjana Universitas Diponegoro Semarang.
10. Muwakhidah, 2009, Efek Suplementasi Fe, Asam Folat Dan Vitamin B 12 Terhadap Peningkatan Kadar Hemoglobin (Hb) Pada Pekerja Wanita Di Kabupaten Sukoharjo. Tesis. Program Pasca Sarjana Universitas Diponegoro Semarang.
11. Oppusunggu R, 2009, Pengaruh Pemberian Tablet Tambah Darah (Fe) terhadap Produktifitas Kerja Wanita Pensortir Daun Tembakau di PT.X. Kabupaten Deli Serdang
12. Fikiwati Sandra, 2004 Pengaruh suplementasi zat besi satu dan dua kali per minggu terhadap kadar hemoglobin pada siswi yang menderita anemia, vol. 24 No 4
Articles received and published by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan are by the publication, the copyright of the article is fully transferred to the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. All operational forms such as printing, publication, and distribution of hard file journals are carried out by the Media Ilmu Kesehatan. Articles that have finished the review process and have been declared accepted by the journal manager or editor will be asked to fill out a statement of submission of copyright by the journal secretary to the main author or correspondent author. The statement of transfer of copyright is signed with a seal and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and contacted the admin of the journal to be followed up on archiving. Journal managers and editors have the right to edit the manuscript according to the provisions of the writing rules in the Media Ilmu Kesehatan.
Articles that have been declared accepted either online through the author's account on the OJS website https://ejournal.unjaya.ac.id/index.php/mik or a letter of receipt of the article (LOA), as well as those that have been published on OJS are not allowed to be published in other journals, or proceedings. The number of authors with more than one and as the main author or designated as the correspondent writer must have coordinated with members of the research team. The order of the authors submitted in the article as the author of one, two, three and so on cannot be changed when the article is published unless an error occurs in the technical operation of the journal.