PENGARUH PEMBERIAN TERAPI BERMAIN TERHADAP PEMBELAJARAN MITIGASI BENCANA PADA ANAK AUTIS BERBASIS DISASTER NURSING COMPETENCY
Background: A powerful earthquake in Yogyakarta, causing major damage and many deaths. Children with autism are more vulnerable and have a greater risk of earthquake because they are have an intellectual, social and verbal disability to safe life independently.
Objective: This research discussed the influence of play therapy on learning of disaster mitigation for children with autism.
Method: This research used qualitative descriptive design and consider a sample of 30 children with autism in SLB N Pembina Yogyakarta. Play therapy in this research use drawing and coloring methods, also watching video about disaster preparedness.
Results: Play therapy could effectively be applied as earthquake mitigation lesson to children with autism in SLB N Pembina Yogyakarta. Before interventions, there were 2 children (7%) able to draw on actions when an earthquake occurred, and increased to 19 children (63,33%) after interventions.
Conclusion: Play therapy could be effectively applied to children with autism as earthquake disaster mitigation showed by an increase of children’s drawing and coloring ability on actions when an earthquake occurred for as much as 56,33%.
Keyword: Children with autism, mitigation ability, play therapy
2. Dwisiwi, R.S, Surachman, Sudomo, J & Wiyatmo, Y. Pengembangan Teknik Mitigasi Dan Manajemen Bencana Alam Gempabumi Bagi Komunitas SMP DI Kabupaten Bantul Yogyakarta. Prosiding Seminar Nasional Penelitian. Pendidikan dan Penerapan MIPA. Fakultas MIPA. Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta Gempa Bumi. Proyek Inisiatif Keselamatan Sekolah Terhadap Gempa Bumi (SESI). UNCRD. 2012
3. Rinaldi. Kesiapan Menghadapi Bencana Pada Masyarakat Indonesia. Universitas Negeri Padang. Jurnal Penelitian Psikologi 14(1). 2009
4. Sutton. J & Tierney. K. Disaster Preparedness: Concepts. Guidance. and Research. Institute of Behavioral Science University of Colorado. 2006
5. Pribadi, K.S. Penyusunan Masterplan (Rencana Induk) Penanggulangan Bencana Di Propinsi Jawa Barat. Makalah. Bandung: Pusat Mitigasi Bencana ITB 11 Agustus 2008. 2008
6. UNCRD. Mengurangi Kerentanan Anak-anak Sekolah terhadap Bahaya Gempa Bumi. Proyek Inisiatif Keselamatan Sekolah Terhadap Gempa Bumi (SESI). UNCRD. 2009
7. Maulana, Mirza. Anak Autis: Mendidik Anak Autis dan Gangguan Mental Lain. Yogyakarta: Ar-Ruzz Media Group. 2007
8. Gamsiz, E.D. Intellectual Disability is associated with Increased Runs of Homozygosity in Simplex Autism. The American Journal of Human Genetics (93). 2013
9. Renzo, MD., Marini, C., Castelbianco, B., Racinaro, L., Rea, M. Correlations between the Drawing Process in Autistic Children and Developmental Indexes. Journal Psychol Psychother. (7). 2. 2017
10. Giampaolo, A,C. Drawing autism: the parental perceptions of the impact art therapy has on communication patterns and the paret-child relationship. Smith College School for Social Work Northampton, Massachusetts. 2013.